What small crossover would you recommend?

I'm considering buying a small SUV and have narrowed it down to three options, all petrol automatics: Peugeot 2008, Mazda CX3 or Suzuki Vitara. Which would you recommend? Or am I missing an obvious alternative?

Asked on 28 October 2019 by John Neal

The Peugeot 2008 is about to be replaced so, if you're buying new, it might be worth waiting for the new model. Alternatively, I'd want a good deal on the outgoing car. Out of your shortlist, my money would probably go on the Vitara. It's a reliable little SUV that represents excellent value for money. I'd also consider alternatives from Volkswagen Group such as the Skoda Kamiq and SEAT Arona.
Tags: crossovers