What's the best car to replace by 90 year old dad's Nissan Note?

My husband and I are thinking of getting a car for my dad's 90th birthday. The last two he has driven have been Nissan Notes and we would have liked to go down this route again as he knows where all the gadgets are etc. We find out it has been discontinued so what would you suggest, automatic, please as a replacement? He does lots of short journeys and just one a year goes say 150 miles on holiday.

A Honda Jazz is the obvious choice - it's very similar to the Note. It's very versatile and easy to get in and out of, with a reliable CVT automatic gearbox. You could also look at the smaller Kia Picanto, which represents excellent value for money and comes with an excellent automatic gearbox as well as a generous seven-year warranty. Also consider a Nissan Micra or Toyota Yaris.