What's a good small car with no boot lip that will be dog-friendly?

I am looking for small family car but lots seem to have a steep boot lip, which is tricky with a dog jumping in and out. Are there any small cars with false floors/no lip?

Asked on 10 April 2019 by NJ

We'd recommend a Skoda Fabia estate. It's available with an optional variable boot floor - the challenge will be finding a second-hand one with this fitted, although they are out there. The Honda Jazz is another decent option but does have a bit of a boot lip although it's fairly low.