I'm after a small but interesting car - what do you suggest?

After years of having to drive the family workhorse, I can at last by a smaller car. I would like something reasonably practical but above all interesting. It doesn’t have to be fast and I don’t mind very second hand. I have a budget of £10,000.

A Nissan Cube is very interesting, covers all your requirements and is well under budget. Alternatively, how about a Suzuki Swift Sport? They're great to drive, fairly rare and you'll get a late example of the last-generation model with your budget.