I indicated at a junction but continued onwards - who's at fault if a car then drove into my path?

I was driving up to a junction, doing about 15-20mph. I approached a right-hand turn and clicked the indicator, but quickly cancelled it as I actually needed to go straight on. The car at the junction on the left pulled out on me because they assumed I was turning right. Who's at fault?

The other party is required to ensure their path is clear prior to proceeding. They should anticipate that even though you may be indicating, that you may continue on. It does depend on the layout of the junction though, so it may well be split liability.