306 - peugeot 306 running problems - ben lee

dads got a peugeot 306 estate diesel (2002) non turbo with an intermittent fault thats getting worse.

car starts fine and runs fine most of the time and has always felt gutles.

now and again it feels like it missfires for a split second whilst driveing.

also the accelerater pedal is quite stiff to press and some times gets harder then the car looses power struggled to get over 30mph seams to be worse when the cars left over night and the engines cold.

checked the accelerater cable and its fine also reves up freely if you rev it by the pump but is fine when i ever get to see check the car.

car dose short jerneys at a time around 10miles hes put a diesel addative in the tank.

theres no smoke from the exhaust.

306 - peugeot 306 running problems - Peter.N.

I take it this is an XUD type engine, I don't think they make a non turbo Hdi, do they? Without a turbo they are pretty gutless. I would suggest changing the fuel filter unless its been done recently, if that doesn't help check the fuel system for air leaks, the easiest way to do this is to fit a length of clear plastic pipe in the pump feed.

yeah its not a hdi. ive replaced the fuel filter drained the housing. changed the oil and oil filter also has had glow plugs fitted about 2 months ago. it has a clear pipe between the filter and pump and have already asked my dad to check it when it plays up and also to pump the primer to see if it makes a diffrence.

have checked all the pipe work in the engine bay and also replaced the injecter return pipes.

theres a 2nd cable on the pump im guessing this is a could start system as it gose into what looks like a solonid in a water way if this failed so it stayed on cold start would that cause the problems hes getting?

just had a look on google and found this image the pump and setup looks the same and the 2 circules is that the cold start?

img20.imageshack.us/img20/5222/dsc00607a.jpg

the engine is a dw8 (wjz) same as in the peugeot 206

the engine also has a lucus pump.

www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206/206/info/gb/b1bb...m