Mazda Xedos 9 Miller cycle engine - Alloy wheels refurbishment - VictorP

The surface of the 17" alloy wheels on my car have bubbled up and in places have peeled. Do you have any advice and recommendations on where to go to have them refurbished? Do you know of any especially good companies to do the job and are there any pitfalls to avoid? I live in the RH14 district (near Horsham, West Sussex).

Mazda Xedos 9 Miller cycle engine - Alloy wheels refurbishment - countryroads

A good powdercoated finish will hold up better than a painted one, but make sure you choose the brightest finish available. A mate made the mistake of going slightly darker and they just looked grey and dirty!

As for companies in your area, just google it, I have found all the companies up here in the midlands do basically identical work stripping and refinishing, its just the prices that change.

Not really any pitfalls, but make sure if you choose a generic powdercoat company that they have tyre fitting and balancing machines, otherwise its just more messing about!

Mazda Xedos 9 Miller cycle engine - Alloy wheels refurbishment - oldtoffee

Based in Crawley - www.wheelworksuk.co.uk/

I've used them twice in the last 4 years and they've been very very good. I put on a couple of layers of wheel wax and the wheels clean up and shine fantastic every time with just car shampoo and occasionally a quick spray with a kitchen degreaser we buy in France for a euro - like Fairy Power but twice as big and one quarter the price. No acid cleaner on powder coat .

Thanks very much, both for the contact and the maintenance tips. I'll get in touch with wheelworksuk and a friend of mine goes to France a lot so can get that degreaser for me.

Thanks very much. That's really helpful and I appreciate it.