VAUXHALL SIGNUM 2.0 DIESEL 2004 - SIGNUM ELITE POWER LOSS - cyclops79

Hi everyone. Ever since a cowboy 'mechanic' on a mobile van rescued my SIGNUM DIESEL after a wrong fuel incident, the TURBO has been giving me problems and the car has had considerably less power, and most especially a sudden loss after i rev the engive over 2500 revs at any given gear. Subsequently, the cruise speed fails to engage.

i meant cowboy because he seemed to have been doing lots of guess work, including extended play with the air filter and turbo hoses, to the point that he failed to re-start the car for about four hours (this after he had officially "cleared the injectors/pump, etc.."!!! Weeks later the turbo stopped giving power after aforementioned revs, and now the car is going at roundabout speed in low gears, and at a maximum of 55 mph in the motorway. I have tried many garages but, as they all differ on id'ing the fault, i decided not to pay until two or three people diagnosed it correctly.

I have done lots of research ever since and there are stories of WELL known faults in the VAUXALL and SIGNUM because the ECU, EGR misconfiguration, as well as hose leaks and oil gung. Finally i went to a dealer garage and they quoted me an $$$ and a £££eg for a new diesel pump, which also differs with the other five garage's stories. HELP much appreciated, my car is dying little by litte.

VAUXHALL SIGNUM 2.0 DIESEL 2004 - SIGNUM ELITE POWER LOSS - Fernando P

You have not told us anything about "a wrong fuel incident", which seems to have caused the problem!

VAUXHALL SIGNUM 2.0 DIESEL 2004 - SIGNUM ELITE POWER LOSS - rebel

It looks like your problem stems from some idiot misfueling your vehicle!

Considering you are subsequently slagging off everybody who's tried to help, I wouldn't bank on getting any help or sympathy here.