Vauxhall Astra - Car Repairer refuses to replace faulty Coil Pack - m4d

I had my engine management light come up and took my Astra to a car repairer, he diagnosed it was a random misfire. As my car required a service he suggested he carry out the service quoting £100 then came back saying the oil was so bad he had to flush the oil and charged an additional £50. I drove away in the hope the problem had been resolved. I drove the car for approximately 2 days and the engine management light appeared again. I contacted him and he said it's possibly the coil pack which needs replacing. I took the car back, he replaced the coil pack and yet again a couple of days later the engine management light appeared. I called him again and he said he would order a replacement which he did and put that in my car. Unfortunately again the engine management light appeared and he said he couldn't help me further that it was something else which he couldn't identify and I should take it to Vauxhall. I didn't as I had already spent nearly £300 that month on the car.

I took my car to halfords autocentre for an MOT and they noted the engine management light was on. I thought I would ask them to do a diagnostics on my car and the same error occured. They are persistant that it is the coil pack, even although I told them I had a new one less than 3 months ago.

They advised me to go back to the car repairer and ask him to replace it as the part should still be under warranty. I have contacted the car repairer and he has told me straight that his supplier will not replace the coil pack as he had already done so once before.

Surely this cannot be right? What are my rights? And how can I report him?

Vauxhall Astra - Car Repairer refuses to replace faulty Coil Pack - elekie&a/c doctor

If the coil pack was a genuine part from Vauxhall(doubtfull) ,then you could take it back to a dealer for them to investigate,but they would obviously need to see the orignal purchase invoice as proof.Your contract is with the garage that fitted the part,not the suppler of coil pack.If he still will not budge,you could ask another garage to take a look and advise your repairer that you will pass on the bill to him.hth