Ford Mondeo - Cruise Control on Steering Wheel - Newbe!

Hi,

I have just bought a 2005 Ford Mondeo LX TDCI 130bph. On the steering wheel there are controls for cruise control, the chap that sold me the car told me that it doesn't have CC but ford just put those steering wheels on all cars to save making several different ones.

Is this the case or does the car just have CC that doesn't work? I don't want to take it to a garage and look like an idiot for telling them to fix the CC if it actually doesn't have it! The buttons aren't blanked out, they have the symbols on and are "pressable". It's just that nothing happens when they are pressed.

If anyone knows anything I'd really appreciate your knowledge!

Many Thanks

Sarah

Ford Mondeo - Cruise Control on Steering Wheel - thunderbird

Our Zetec of a similar vintage did not have cruise control thus I would not expect an LX to have it since its a lower model.

One possible answer, the air bag went off in a crash and was replaced by a "similar" steering wheel from another car.

I hadn't thought of that. Thank you.

Sarah

Ford Mondeo - Cruise Control on Steering Wheel - TeeCee

It wouldn't be unheard of for a manufacturer to save a few pennies by using a standard component across the range rather than one tailored to spec and we all know how Ford will move heaven and earth to save 50p on just about anything. The guy who sold it to you could well be correct.

The only way to be 100% sure would be to get a Ford dealer to look up the VIN of the vehicle on their system and tell you if it was built with the Cruise Control option or not.

Thank you, I will do that.

Sarah

Ford Mondeo - Cruise Control on Steering Wheel - elekie&a/c doctor

Ford only fit steering wheels with cc function to those cars with cc fitted.If you log in to Ford etis with vin number,this will give you a complete build data as what was fitted as the car left the factory.hth

Ford Mondeo - Cruise Control on Steering Wheel - Cyd

As Elekie says.

Manufacturers no longer fit "redundant" parts, no matter how small the value may be. Those days are long long gone.

Either the cc doesn't work and you were fobbed off
or
another steering wheel has been fitted for some reason.