Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - Antony T

Can anyone help with a garage that knows how to fix a Citroen Evie in the KT10 area ? Bought one privately a few weeks ago and it goes for a few miles, then stops dead - after 5 mins it will go a few more miles. I need to get it fixed but the Electric Car Corp who converted it have (I'm told) gone out of business and nobody will look at the car.

Spoke to Citroen UK who put me in touch with a dealer who were supposed to handle Evies but the dealer (very politely) said no - they can't get the schematics now that ECC have gone.

Need a garage who know how to deal with electric cars - preferably this one. (Or someone who will buy it and fix it - but I won't sell it without being open about the problem it has).

Love to hear from anyone who can fix it or recommend a good garage near KT10.

Thanks

at

Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - Collos25

What on earth possessed you to buy a car without doing a little homework first.The only place that deals with these is in central London and they have buy your own admission gone bankrupt.Unless you can find a good auto electrician who is willing to spend some time and which will no doubt cost you dearly you are stuck with a useless piece of tin

You will need the wiring diagrams and the manufacturer of all the parts just to find out how it works and then it can be repaired I wish you a lot of luck because you will surely need it.

Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - injection doc

Wow any chance of finding an ex employee ?

Try some auto electricians as already suggested. It may be a thermal sensor issue where a component is over heating

was it the previous owner who sold it to you and was the fault already there ? or did they know the company had gone bust.

I thought these cars were very expensive at launch ? around 16K

I have a friend who has a bad experincve with an electric car already where dealers for miles around were refusing to look at it and it had to be recovered about 100 miles just to get looked at and it had only done 160 miles from new.

I wish you luck

Wow any chance of finding an ex employee ?

Try some auto electricians as already suggested. It may be a thermal sensor issue where a component is over heating

was it the previous owner who sold it to you and was the fault already there ? or did they know the company had gone bust.

I thought these cars were very expensive at launch ? around 16K

I have a friend who has a bad experincve with an electric car already where dealers for miles around were refusing to look at it and it had to be recovered about 100 miles just to get looked at and it had only done 160 miles from new.

I wish you luck

Thanks - it was half this price when I bought it - not sure about the other points you raise but I'm looking into them - thanks again, appreciate your sympathy !

Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - Archedestral

I used to be involved in commercial ev's. Came across an evie in an ev workshop. The were many design flaws which would make them unreliable. Your cutting out issue could be your motor controller cutting the power or the bms on the battery. I'm the other end of the country I'm afraid. If you get to the end of your tether with the car, I'd be interested in an ev project. Hope you get to the bottom of the fault.

What on earth possessed you to buy a car without doing a little homework first.The only place that deals with these is in central London and they have buy your own admission gone bankrupt.Unless you can find a good auto electrician who is willing to spend some time and which will no doubt cost you dearly you are stuck with a useless piece of tin

You will need the wiring diagrams and the manufacturer of all the parts just to find out how it works and then it can be repaired I wish you a lot of luck because you will surely need it.

Wow, that's really constructive advice - glad you were able to take the time to help, many thanks.

Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - injection doc

could these people offer any help or advice.

http://www.avt.uk.com/

I am sure there wilkl be a few Evies about that are going to need repair.

could these people offer any help or advice.

http://www.avt.uk.com/

I am sure there wilkl be a few Evies about that are going to need repair.

Thanks - I'll give them a try. Yes, don't doubt Evies will need work ! I thought about trying an owners club but I guess one of those would be difficult in view of their limited range... thanks again.

Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - TedCrilly

Its essentialy a motor, some batteries and a bunch of electronics, industry is full of set ups like this. Forget garages and try a few industrial electronic drive repair companies. I reccomend this one who have got me out of the mire many times. They might take it on they might not but its worth a try.

Northern drives and controls 0800 137104

There is a lot more to electric cars than just a set of batteries and motors.

One of the more serious issus is the health and saftey involved with the 400 volts systems and garage shave to be trained in resuscitation and anyone electricuted working on an electric car has to attend and A & E for blood tests !

The steering wheel air bag has tio be secured with a steel brace incase of activation when being worked on.There is a lot going on behind the scenes with electric cars currently. Mostly H&S related

Im quite looking forward to seeing people driving them through deep flood water ! should be quite interesting if not hair raising !

Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - leggera16

The evie has 25 lithium ion 3.2v cells. 80v might give you a tickle (iv heard of people reporting it wasnt pleasant but survived ok).

As this car wasnt developed as an ev it is just a normal car with the engine ripped out. It really is going to be the simplest car. Ie a bunch of batteries a controller and motor.

First thing I would do with a dead Ev'ie is check each cell has 3.2v or more. if one says 2.5-2.9v the bms will kill the power to protect it. You can charge up that one cell with an rc hobby charger. I have one lithium iron phosphate cell like these that discharges itself over a few months. You can buy just one cell to replace it. (160ah winston/thundersky lifepo4 £140).

Sometimes the bms itself runs on the first or last 2 cells and drains them essentially killing itself. Maybe the citroen has a differnt bms but iv heard it happen to all sorts of vehichles. Even the famous teslas will brick themselves if left for a month or two not fully charged.

there is also a 12v battery to power systems that can go dead in 3 weeks and may need charging or replacing http://gwiz.wonko3.myfastforum.org/Citroen_Ev_ie_about5803.html

To the OP Id Try the basics first with a pal who knows about stuff :)

Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - LarJammer

Antony,

I know one of the ex ECC employees very well. If you still need assistance with the car get in touch. I'd prefer not to put my number or email here (no sure if its even allowed...) but if you go to the conrod.co.uk homepage there is a contact me button (click on the bent conrod). Good luck!

Citroen Evie - Can't find a garage near me to fix a Citroen Evie - Grumpy-b

I have been supporting Evie users for over a year, and can carry out all work, I also supply a new design of motor coupling, a PTC heater to replace the hot water device (Original is No longer made) new high quality coiled mains leads, and decent sockets, TCommon problems are non working BMS, Failed cells, Broken heaters, broken motor mounts, and flat 12v battery. All of which I can assist with. Im based near Colchester, but do travel to site if required. I can be contacted at electriquegrumpy@gmail.com

Grumpy-b