Hyunndai i10 - My i10 - Shef

I've had my i10 for 2 1/2 years now and it's been good. The back brakes have an annoying squeak but the dealer says they are aware of the problem, the pad material is too hard apparently. They have been checked on service and the brakes still work well though. There was an annoying intermittent buzz coming from the car somewhere and after my investigation it was the front left headlight height adjuster, on service the dealer said ok we know about that, said it was the switch and replaced it. Perfect. Before this week twice in 2 years the car wouldn't start first time, I thought I had flooded it. Got it going though. Monday morning, 17 Sept, it wouldn't start at all although the engine was throwing over like a good 'un, Monday PM it started. Tuesday evening it wouldn't start. A call to the dealer on Wednesday morning who said "Try the other key", it worked. I took the car in. It was tested "on the computer" and no fault found but I was told this happens but not often and the likely cause is the key aerial behind the ignition lock. This was replaced, the keys re-chipped and this morning it started first time. In 47 years of motoring this was the first time that I have ever had a car fail to start (a rare event) that I could not fix quickly myself and get going - progress, maybe.

Hyunndai i10 - My i10 - John Boy

I would say you're lucky they diagnosed that problem so quickly. Lots of garages failed to do it on my partner's Saxo which had the same symptoms and solution. A forum member pointed us in the right direction when we eventually posted the problem on here. What a useful forum this is!