Paint Problems - Misty2

I got a brand new car 2 weeks ago.Today I noticed that the paint hasn't been sprayed on properly. The car is metallic and there is a white-ish (undercoat?) shining through. It is on the area where the door is hung. Obviously its still under warranty but will the manufactuer try to tell me this problem is acceptable? Maybe it is? Maybe it is the undercoat that provides the protection to a car from rust. Please give me some advice as I am very worried.

Paint Problems - bathtub tom

My '03 Nissan only has the outside surfaces in finished paint. It's silver and the base coat's grey so it doesn't show much. I presume it's common.

Paint Problems - barney100
Good lesson for us all, don't accept any car until you have given it a very thorough inspection and certainly don't part with the balance 'til you are happy. Once you have driven away it's difficult to get anything done.
Paint Problems - Misty2

I'm sure they'll be happy enough to fix the paint but they don't have their own onsite bodyshop so the car will have to be sent away. Unless they can just spray it on out of a tin? If the car does get sent for repair, would they have to remove the doors? I hope not. That would be more bother than its worth. After all its not That noticable as we've been out in the car every day and not seen the paint problem until yesterday.

Paint Problems - Avant

Welcome to the forum.

On any new car the paint finish should be uniform throughout. You should take it back to the dealer and insist on the job being done properly and to your satisfaction under warranty.

What make of car is it?

Edited by Avant on 20/07/2012 at 00:04

Paint Problems - skidpan

Some manufacturers only paint and laquer on the outer body panels and skimp where you cannot see. It does not appear to make any difference to the long term health of the car but it does look a bit naff, worse on some colours than others, metallics are affected most (and you pay more for those).

Subaru were the worst for this when we looked a few years ago but that may have changed.

Suggest you have a look at a few identical cars to see if its common, if it is stop worrying and drive.