Peugeot 406 - Headlight allways on - Brlja

Greetings.

Well, i own a 406 2.0 HDI estate, year 2004. The car seems to be equiped with automatic headlight function which can be turned off or on by the button on the stalk.

Since ive bought it, the light allways came on when i switched the car on weather its day or night or whatever time of day it is and it didnt matter if the auto lights are off or on. So, when i turn on the car, lights come on.

Allthough i felt bit sad that the function isnt working properly but i let it be. But lately another quite annoying problem appeared. Sometimes i cant turn off the light unless i disconnect the battery! Ususally they go off after few secs. Last night i switched off the car and waited an hour for the lights to go off, and they didnt, so i unplugged the battey.

Now i dont ask some1 to be familiar with the problem cause i didnt manage to google it, but i would appreciate if some1 could direct me to auto light wiring cause there aint no any in Haynes manual. And of course of some1 had experienced the problem...

Peugeot 406 - Headlight allways on - t j auto electrics coventry
The chances are the body controller (BCI) unit has given up the ghost, check very carefully for signs of water ingress in the drivers side footwell, usually caused by a leaky windscreen, the fuse box in your car has a built in computer which switches all the lights, wipers, etc etc this is quite a common fault, hope this helps, look me up on google if you are stuck.... Tony
Peugeot 406 - Headlight allways on - Brlja

I guess that the BCI unit is the located under the dash on passanger side?