peugot dealership - 4 nicely overinflated tyres - justadriver

Took the car in for a service a few weeks ago, just befoe the hols, and went to check the tyre pressures at a local fast service place while getting a separate tyre inflated.

Result?

The 4 tyres on the car all inflated to 36psi instead of 30. at least the fastfit place let the air out for free! when i told the dealer they shrugged and said it was because the label wasn't where it should be on the door post......

peugot dealership - 4 nicely overinflated tyres - Collos25

That is why I will never take a car to glass palace for any work even the very best here in Germany did not receive 10/10 for their work ones I have experience of in the UK would be lucky to score 1/10.

peugot dealership - 4 nicely overinflated tyres - Smileyman
Contact trading standard .. perhaps the garage's tyre pressure gauge is faulty ... and several motorists are suffering the same matter
peugot dealership - 4 nicely overinflated tyres - jamie745

36 isn't dangerous it'd just give you a very bouncy ride. It's 20p to solve the problem at a petrol station.

:)

peugot dealership - 4 nicely overinflated tyres - PatrickO
Blimey, I put 45 psi in mine!
peugot dealership - 4 nicely overinflated tyres - unthrottled

It's 20p to solve the problem at a petrol station.

Save youself 20P and use a biro to drop some air out!

Jamie's right, a few psi isn't going to make much difference. Loads of people will tell you that the difference between 32 and 34 transforms the handling of the car. Placebo effect. You get more than 6 psi difference between a hot tyre and a cold tyre, but you don't notice it, do you?

Edited by unthrottled on 02/07/2012 at 12:00