Licence revoke DVLA - stepheng

Hello all. My wife had her licence revoked due to illness but this has now gone and she has re-applied for her licence; the only problem is it is taking ages and ages for them to re-issue the licence. She waited two weeks and rang but was told she was in a queue and has now waited another two weeks weeks and again when she rings, is told she is in a queue. It's begginning to take its toll so I wondered if any of you know of a way to speed the process up.

Bipman

Licence revoke DVLA - Collos25

The only way to get any sort of response is to write or wait forever on a telephone,my neighbour in the UK waited seven weeks for his licence to be returned.They are quick to take and ever so slow to return.I hadto pay 11k tax within a matter of days or they were going to prosecute me which I did they now owe me 2k and have been waiting 5 weeks.

The system treats uk citizens as though they didn't exist.

Licence revoke DVLA - SlidingPillar

A piece of advice I got was never, ever let them revoke. Instead, if you know you are unfit to drive - volentarily surender the licence. I'm led to believe the process of getting the licence back is then a bit easier.

Make sure you photocopy the licence before handing it back too. Test pass dates and entitled groups have been known to go missing.

From my experience, DVLA can take ages. Plus doctors and the NHS can be quite slow in replying to a report request. From memory mine took nearly 3 months from me making the application to having the licence in my hand.

Licence revoke DVLA - oldroverboy

I wondered if any of you know of a way to speed the process up.

Bipman

Many years ago when I returned to the uk without a copy of my uk driving licence and gave the number of my swiss driving licence, naturally they checked. If they didn't check and gave out licences willy nilly, I would be the first to complain. DVLA have a lot less staff trying to do more and more. Google an alternative number on saynoto0870.com and call and be polite. If it takes time so... does she have an alterantive driver ( you) or can she take a bus or taxi occasionally? a friend had his licence revoked for vision , but was asked to go for an assessment and got it back, so don't worry, and don't get stressed. if it happens and your good lady gets her licence back it's a bonus, and don't forget to tell her insurance company. Happy motoring!