Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - burntusedbuyer

I bought a 2006 Mazda 6 diesel in January of this year. The car had done 85000 miles and was sold to me with a 12 month warranty by a local independent dealer.

Within about a month an oil leak had developed which caused the brake system vacuum pump to fail.

The dealer was happy to get this sorted and pay for it so I took it to their preferred independent mechanic.

The oil leak was fixed and the vacuum pump replaced, however, it was discovered that there was no oil getting to the pump due to a clog.

The engine was flushed and flushed again and on the 8th or 9th flush it seized. At this point I had been without a car (and no courtesy car) for 2 - 4 weeks.

I was told a new engine was required and the dealer wanted to go ahead and fix it, the dealer sourced a new engine which arrived over the weekend.

However, the engine arrived and was not complete so all my parts had to be transplanted to the new (nearly new) engine. This process took several weeks. When it was finally done it wouldn't run on its own and after another few weeks of diagnostics it was taken to the nearest Mazda dealership who got it running by reprogramming the ECU.

The car was finally running again two weeks ago. However, it had a fault code and was stuck in limitted 'limp home' mode. The fault was the cam sensor, and the independent mechanic fitted new wires and a new sensor but to no avail. Eventually it went back to Mazda and on Friday I was told that there was an issue with the flywheel and the gearbox will have to be removed to find out if this is true but there is no certainty about whether this will fix the issue.

I have now been with the car since 20th February and paying monthly payments on the finance and insurance.

I was told this morning that the dealer has approved the work but it is going to be at least two weeks before I even know if the problem is solved.

I want to ask what my options are here?

I still don't have any certainty about when it might be fixed, although I loved the car in the month I had it, I have now lost confidence that this, even if it is fixed, is going to be the reliable mazda I was hoping for.

If the dealer is willing to keep paying for repairs indefinetly what are my options, where do I draw the line and demand my money back? Or should I have done that weeks ago? The mechanic told me this morning that had he been the dealer he would've pulled the plug weeks ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm really at the end of my tether here.

Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - Armitage Shanks {p}

You have only dipped one toe into the ocean of pain that Mazda ownership can offer!

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=70841

and this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055621785

Please don't shoot the messenger!

Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - bonzo dog

Reject the car & ask for your money back.

Write to the dealer AND the finance co jointly, as they are both liable for the (& use these words) tne merchandisable quality of the goods.

Good luck

Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - Bobbin Threadbare

Don't buy a diesel Mazda 6.

Only buy petrol ones.....

Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - tony g
Hi ,I don't think that theirs any doubt now that you can reject the car .You should make a detailed list of everything that you believe has happened with the car ,and the dates that you have been without it .

Send the list to the dealer with an accompanying letter stateing that you now reject the car ,and ask for a refund of the full purchase price .

It may not be possible to involve the finance company in the refund .

Check the finance agreement ,it needs to state that you borrowed the money as hire purchase ,if it's a personal loan ,the finance company are not responsible for quality issues .

Good luck and please let the forum know the outcome ,your problem could help other forum members .

Regards

Tony g
Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - Avant

I agree that you should have good legal case for rejection, but before going along that route you might find a softly-softly approach to the dealer would work - such as...

"We're both fed up with this, so can you source me a petrol Mazda 6 of similar age and mileage and we'll do a straight swap."

Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - burntusedbuyer

Okay so a slight update, I spoke to the dealer after posting this (but before any replies came)

The dealer wants to see how it goes with the fly wheel and if there are any more problems after that it will be a case of rejecting the car.

I'll then request they source me an MPS :)

Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - Bobbin Threadbare

I'll then request they source me an MPS :)

Good luck.

I really hope the MPS swap works out for you - although I will be jealous if it does!!

Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - balleballe

Mazda 6 MPS had a few problems; hence why it was discontinued. They couldnt get it right in Michigan (where it was assembled)

Mazda 3 in the only one that comes in MPS - simply because it is made in Japan and they know how to put cars together

Mazda 6 TS TD 143 - Major problems with my used car, my rights? - bathtub tom

>>The dealer wants to see how it goes with the fly wheel and if there are any more problems after that it will be a case of rejecting the car.

Jam tomorrow?