Subaru Legacy ( 2005) 2.5 Automatic - Reversing Light Relay - Which one and where to buy - Surrey_Scientist

Hi everyone

Reversing lights on my Legacy werent working so as the car was stil under warranty (I bought it 2ndhand from a main-dealer 8months ago) and took it down to my local Subaru dealer.

They think that the reversing light relay is not working.

However seems the warranty doesn't cover diagnostic work, so they charged me £75 for the diagnostics, and then wanted £66+VAT to order the relay (also not likely to be covered by the warranty they claim).

Having bought relays in the past for older cars in my youth and seem to remmeber they're a lot cheaper than nearly 70squids I told them I would do it myself.

However...........

They said it was in the relay Block under the right hand side of the drivers knee but their wiring diagram didnt say which one. (or they simply dont want to say)

Ive just taken the panel off and all relays seem to be identical but have nothing beside the sockets to identify them.

Does anyone know which relay it is, and also where to buy one.

They are all stamped

NAIS

ACV 31212 MO4

and some have on the other corner 50119/2005 and some 50119/2001 and some 50119/2004 and some 50202/0214.

I cannot locate online anyone selling one of these, although have found a dtaasheet which suggests ACV 31212 is the model of relay. I cannot find anything to identify the other numbers or would these be serial numbers

Can anyone help with a stockist - assuming I can identify what I need ?? !

I did find a toyota one on ebay but it is black and all mine are pale grey....

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/01-AVENSIS-toyota-black-relay-9...8

Is this the same thing ??

thanks

David

Subaru Legacy ( 2005) 2.5 Automatic - Reversing Light Relay - Which one and where to buy - RT

Take the relays out, one at a time, and determine what doesn't work - the one that controls the reversing lights will have no effect when your remove it if it's the relay that's faulty.

Subaru Legacy ( 2005) 2.5 Automatic - Reversing Light Relay - Which one and where to buy - elekie&a/c doctor

I am not convinced that the diagnosis of a relay fault is correct.It would be very unusual for the reverse lights alone to be controlled by a relay as they draw less than 4 amps.The relay depicted is nothing special and if reqd ,should be available for less than £20 new.hth