2000 vauxhall vectra 2.0 cdx - 2000 vauxhall vectra 2.0 cdx coolant temp sensor l - melvyn

hi

i have a 2000 vauxhall vectra 2.0 cdx with x20xev ecotech engine which is running rich ie the sparkplugs are black a bit of research as to the cause of the problem has led me to belive the coolant temp sensor is faulty what i need to know is where is it located on the engine so i can replace it and are they expensive from a main dealer.

regards

melvyn brown

2000 vauxhall vectra 2.0 cdx - 2000 vauxhall vectra 2.0 cdx coolant temp sensor l - doofer

Standing in front of the car, look at the coil pack. Low and in front of it you will see a two wire plug and in front of that a single wire spade connector fitted to a 'mushroom' head.

The single wire is the temp sensor for the dash gauge, the one you want is the two pin plug. The part is cheap enough but I'd suggest a bit of testing rather than fitting parts at random, at least unplug the sensor and check it's cold and hot resistance.

Should be about 4000 ohms at 10C, 400 ohms at 80C.

A Haynes manual might be of help, only about £20 new, plenty of second hand copies about.

2000 vauxhall vectra 2.0 cdx - 2000 vauxhall vectra 2.0 cdx coolant temp sensor l - elekie&a/c doctor

The cts is located in the cylinder head,just below the coil pack.Part cost is around £15,but I am not convinced this is at fault.Get some diagnostic kit plugged in to check for any fault codes and live data values.hth