Haggle advice on a C3 Picasso - mmarsh

Thinking of getting a C3 Picasso EGS. The Citroen dealer has quoted me a price of 18500 EUROS for the mid specced option..

I know the C3 Picasso is more expensive compared to its rivals like the Modus, Roomster, Note and Soul but that is a rediculous. For the same money I can get either a much bigger car like a slightly used Scenic or even a new car like a first price Skoda Yeti.

Obviously they are going to want to make a sale, how much do you think I can ask for? I was thinking of telling them 15K or am I dreaming?

There is no way I am going to pay that for a small MPV when I can get get a Mid size one for the same price.

Haggle advice on a C3 Picasso - davros

As a confirmed automatic driver and part-time French resident, I can sympathise with your plight. I solved the problem by bringing a car over from the UK, but obviously that's not an option for you.

I wish you luck with the Citroen dealer, but I doubt that he'll budge very much - the auto box being the issue.

But Google is your friend:

Here's one for E15,300 (with egs)

tinyurl.com/6rbz7tg

another for E17K tinyurl.com/7ar3h6c

Have a dig around www.comparateur-mandataires.com - you may find others. There are a couple of other similar sites, but off the top of my head I don't recall their names. - they'll probably pop up on Google ads if you enetr the right search terms on google.fr.

If it was me, however, I would be looking for a Japanese or Korean car with a "real" auto box. I've never found an "electric" box that I got on with and their reliability is very suspect - especially if they're made by Citroen. Rememebr, too, that the average French mechanic will be clueless when it comes to fixing the thing if / when it goes wrong.

Bon chance.

Davros