Volkswagen Polo Sport 1.4 - VW Polo sport 1.4 Yellow engine warning light - vwpbbb

I have a VW polo sport 1.4 year 2003 done 74K miles. I bought when it was 65K miles in Sep 2010. In around mid last year 2011 I got yellow engine sign in dashboard. I took it to garage. They put it in computer and they changed the EGR Valve (labour £60 & part £108). Again in end of Jan 2012 the same light came and then the same garage replaced Lamda Sensor (£60 labour + £150 part). Now from yesterday that light came again. I don't know what to do now. Whether to go to same garage or different garage. Last time when he replaced the lamda sensor he said if problem comes again then they wont charge me labour cost. I have already spent £450 on this repair.Should I go to another garage and have it checked. how serious is this problem? If I leave it without repair do you think this light will go after sometime. Do you think if I do mechanical breakdown cover insurance will it cover this type of engine emission fault. Please advise. Is this an non repairable fault. Should I get rid of the car. I can't keep spending money on like this. Please help

Volkswagen Polo Sport 1.4 - VW Polo sport 1.4 Yellow engine warning light - ChannelZ

Does the car still go OK when the light is on?

My Mondeo has the EML on for the last two years - the EGR is goosed. It goes fine, and passed two MOTs, so I haven't bothered fixing it.

Volkswagen Polo Sport 1.4 - VW Polo sport 1.4 Yellow engine warning light - vwpbbb

Thank you for the reply. Yes the car is running as usual. I checked the manual and it says that when you get this light take the car to the nearest garage urgently. I have been doing regular service. I dont do that many miles as well. What do you suggest.