Any - Car waxing with minimal effort - balleballe

I recently took my car through an arc/imo carwash and got 'the works' which included a wax treatment

Its the same an any normal conveyor belt carwash but at the end when you usually expect the dryer, the car was coated with this pinkish liquid foam stuff - then passed through the dryer - which i'm assuming is the wax/gloss

My car was super shiny for around a fortnight, i was very impressed.

Any idea if a good wax/gloss product exists that I can just spray on a wet car and go? So the wind should dry it

Any - Car waxing with minimal effort - Ethan Edwards

Try 'Demonshine' When its a bit warmer and I feel like doing it myself, I apply a suitably diluted solution from a watering can (with rose). Always comes up a treat.

Personally I try to avoid mechanical car washes as imo they can be a bit abrasive on todays soft paint finishes. Local hand wash place (staffed by Romanians) is cheap and quick. Plue you get a card..pay for 5 washes get number 6 free. I waited three months till I used that card...boy was it minging! Came out looking great....I think they use a version of Demonshine too.

Any - Car waxing with minimal effort - balleballe

Try 'Demonshine' When its a bit warmer and I feel like doing it myself, I apply a suitably diluted solution from a watering can (with rose). Always comes up a treat.

Personally I try to avoid mechanical car washes as imo they can be a bit abrasive on todays soft paint finishes. Local hand wash place (staffed by Romanians) is cheap and quick. Plue you get a card..pay for 5 washes get number 6 free. I waited three months till I used that card...boy was it minging! Came out looking great....I think they use a version of Demonshine too.

There's only one hand car wash near me (the shell petrol station I always fill up from coincidently)

They charge £5 for a 'standard' hand wash with no wax/gloss treatment. When I go down to Birmingham I an get it for £2.50

Any - Car waxing with minimal effort - carmad46
Not sure about this particular product but had a similar experience with a local car detailing company and was so impressed with the gloss finish I made sure I took a bit more notice the next time I visited. They were using a product called Winter Wax by Greengleam or greenglym or something along those lines. This stuff is the business. My car looked brand new and it lasted for ages. Struggled to get hold of this though as I believe it's only available to the trade but finally got some off eBay. Really easy to use too, 10 mins and your done.
Any - Car waxing with minimal effort - focussed

Demonshine is good stuff - you used to be able to get it in two variants, one that you add to the rinse water as previously described and the sort where you can spray it on the wet car after rinsing, rub it in with a micro-fibre mitt and leather it off to a shine.

Works ok with black plastic trim too.

Any - Car waxing with minimal effort - MikeTorque

Our 2 cars tough it out over winter. Whatever wax they got last autumn does um until the weather gets warmer and dry. Survival is number 1 priority right now.

Any - Car waxing with minimal effort - Benedict56

Have the petrocan pass for my black MS. Completely useless right now....the back half of the car looks as if water hasn't even touched it. But winter is another story....hopefully it'll get the salt off at least.

Been using the touch less....the new ones with the moving conveyor belt and conveyor drive you park on. I hand wash once a week and use this the other days....only because I'm in a new build area with dirt all around. But in winter it'll be good to get rid of the salt at least

Edited by Avant on 12/10/2015 at 16:11