Ford Fiesta Freestyle 2001 Zetec 1.25 Code: DHA - Swapping Fiesta Engine - Must Engine codes match? - kwangle

Hi All

I've had a coolant leak and fried the engine of my Fiesta and been told by a friendly mechanic that it will be cheaper to get a new engine and put it in.

I know my engine code is DHA but have only been able to locate DHC and DHF engines in the local scrap merchants which I've read online won't work with the engine management computer in my car despite being almost identical to my existing engine (same model and and cylinder size etc). Is this correct?

Even the Ford engineers who were asked were unsure about the differences between DHA, DHC and DHF 1.25 Zetec engines and couldn't say if they are compatible.

I've resorted to looking on eBay for a DHA engine and found one that is from an automatic - will this work with my manual 5 speed gearbox?

Any help and advice will be welcome - I'm not at all knowledgable about mechanics, as you can probably tell.

Thanks, K

Ford Fiesta Freestyle 2001 Zetec 1.25 Code: DHA - Swapping Fiesta Engine - Must Engine codes match? - madf

Auto engines have different drive systems and different ECUs..

Ford Fiesta Freestyle 2001 Zetec 1.25 Code: DHA - Swapping Fiesta Engine - Must Engine codes match? - Robin the Technician

You should be able to fit the automatic engine into your manual version. Obviously you will need to change over the flywheel/ clutch etc. You may need to check the fuel intake system - i remember some cars have cables for kickdown.

good luck

Robin the Technician