Toyota Yaris and Yaris HSD - New Toyota Yaris - neworder12

Hi,

I have the same question to Honest John too..

I placed an order for a new Toyota Yaris in Nov 2011. At that time Toyota had a promotional offer of a free Toyota "Touch and Go" system on all new Yaris ordered between 1st July and 30th Nov 2011....as a move to promote the new Yaris as well as Toyota's new Touch and Go system. Toyota was also offering a 6.9% APR PCP finance (with 2 free services) through AccessToyota at that time..the offer of a free Touch and Go system was NOT linked to the finance offer and anyone (irrespective of whether you take the finance or not) was being offered a free Touch and Go System

My car has now arrived (after 2 months) and at this time Toyota Financial services is offering a choice to new customers to either take the 6.9% APR offer (with 2 free services) or 0% APR offer (no free services) as I believe a lot of customers are taking the 6.9% offer and cancelling it within 2-3 months ( as soon as the free servicing vouchers arrive)

My dealer is forcing me to pay 500 pounds for the "Touch and Go" system if I choose to take the 0% APR offer. The alternate he's offering is that I take the 6.9% APR offer even though a 0% offer is available and he mentioned this is mandated by Toyota.

I called Toyota customer services, customer relations and toyota financial services and they all have stated that there's no issue and the dealership seems to be inventing issues..I can take the 0% APR offer if I wish to; the only exception would be if I have already signed up to the 6.9% APR finance contract with Toyota FInancial services at the time of ordering.

I have not signed any contract with Toyota Financial services but I'm being forced by the dealer to pay more even though I'm simply exercising my legitimate options..The dealer even threatened to cancel my order because Im not complying to the T&Cs and when asked which T&C am i not complying to there's no answer ..In fact a month back the dealer himself called me to give me the "good news" that I can take the 0% APR offer but will lose out on free servicing and has now sprung a surprise at the time of delivery..

I'm planning to pay more to take the car but take the delaership and toyota to the court for unfairly forcing me to pay for the Touch and Go system.

Can you please advise what options I have and if anyone has faced a similar issue

Thanks

Toyota Yaris and Yaris HSD - New Toyota Yaris - thunderbird

As I see it at the time you ordered the deal was free T & G, 6.9% APR Finance and 2 free services. Now the deal has changed and is 6.9% APR Finance and 2 free services or 0% finance.

What you appear to be asking for is a mixture of the 2 deals, i.e. the best bits i.e. Free T & G and 0% Finance.

Suggest you take what was on offer when you ordered, you were obviously happy, that's why you bought, looks like a decent deal to me. Mixing 2 deals is just not going to happen.

Toyota Yaris and Yaris HSD - New Toyota Yaris - neworder12

Thanks for your views.. just to clarify, I'm not mixing the two offers..the 2 offers from AccessToyota are irrespective of the Touch and Go system (no linkage whatsoever, cofirmed by Toyota and Toyota financial services)...In Q3 of last year AccessToyota had a particular offer, in Q4 another one and in Q1 this year another one..

Decision to finance the car is a decision at a point in time, and at this moment I can choose to finance it through a bank, pay cash completely or finance it through Toyota Financial services...the dealer is not even a concerned party here... as the finance agreement will be between me and Toyota Financial Services and the dealer receives the money the day they deliver the car (like they would receive from a bank or if I had paid cash)

My view is (discussed with the solicitor too) that the dealer doesnt have the right to force a particular policy on me especially when the Toyota Financial Services is offering me the 0% offer based on my credit history..

Hapy to hear views..

Thanks