Delivery times - PR {P}
I ordered a new Alfa 156 GTA in May 02, and was told 12-16weeks for delivery. Im now expecting the car in Feb / March. (If im lucky!). I know this is a niche car but this is farcical, I only wish I didnt really want one! Has anyone else had similar problems, car makers seem totally unbothered by the problems these delays cause
Delivery times - volvoman
They do it 'cos too many car buyers put up with it! Imagine ordering a meal in a restaurant and waiting 2 days for it !!!
Imagine buying almost anything else you can and accepting such a delay. Can't you cancel your order ? If manufacturers can't get their act together, why buy from them ? If they can't even deliver the goods is their after sales service/support going to be any good ?
Delivery times - PR {P}
You`re right, but I really want one! Also I know of other makers doing the same thing. A friend of mine recently bought a Honda S2000, that was 4months late and as a result he missed having it for all the summer!
Delivery times - Pugugly {P}
15 Weeks for a bog std Ford Fiesta, with a security pack (I think that means locks and an alarm !). One of the chaps in the office ordered his back in Aug.

My replacement BMW (which was due just before Christmas) has been delayed due to "operational problems" - no new date and an offer of a 530d in lieu, which I have refused.

Is my car at the bottom of the Cannel ?
Delivery times - PR {P}
I think most of them were due to go to America. As for the offer of a 530d, you`re lucky, Alfa "can`t" do anything for me, despite the fact I sold my old 156 in Nov!
Delivery times - Dave_TD
My replacement BMW (which was due just before Christmas) has been
delayed due to "operational problems" - no new date and an
offer of a 530d in lieu, which I have refused.
Is my car at the bottom of the Channel ?

Possibly! Or somebody else's is, and they shouted at BMW louder than you...
Delivery times - Pugugly {P}
Well I haven't shouted at all ! I love my current 330 and was being "forced" to change it by the leasing company. If it means keeping mine for another couple of months - hopefully the new version of the 330 will be out by then.
Delivery times - Cyd
British car buyers are totally oblivious to this - they must be or it wouldn't happen. In the US the family takes a trip out to buy a new car on a Saturday morning and EXPECT to drive it home after lunch. They would 'walk' if they had to wait a week.