Mazda 6 - DCS and ECU Light On, EGR Valve problem, then big - holybond

I bought a Mazda 6 3 months ago. It was a pleasant car. But 3 weeks ago, DCS Light and ECU light comes on at the same time. I got it checked in Mazda dealer, they said it is the EGR Valve sticking and need cleaning. They reset the alarm and I drove back without get it cleaned straight away. The engine seized at traffic light when i was on my way back home. After that, the massive knocking sound comes from the engine. I drove back to the dealer and they said it must be big damage in the engine and suggested that I might need a new engine which would cost me £8k++.

I towed my car to my local garage, get them to strip the engine and found that the cranshaft is gone. I have ordered a recon engine from ebay, new clutch kits and new dual mass flywheel. The biggest anxious question is "Have I sort out the root cause that caused my engine to damage at the first time??" If not, the root cause is going to do the same again after I have paid a fortune to get the car working again. I have read on some of the forum about the DPF problem. Could it be the same problem? Shall I remove the DPF or get it regen when the engine is up and running? Could the DPF blockage become too severe and damage the brand new engine again while I tried to get it regen?

I am so worry and I have left in a position there is no returns on the repairing as I have already spent thousands ££ in it. I am really crying out for helps and any technical advices and experience would be very much being appreciated.

I just want my car to live forever after this tremendous repairing bill.

Mazda 6 - DCS and ECU Light On, EGR Valve problem, then big - daveyjp
It is generally accepted on this site that the Mazda 6 diesel engine is a dog and your problems could well be DPF regen related.
Mazda 6 - DCS and ECU Light On, EGR Valve problem, then big - injection doc

"I just want my car to live forever after this tremendous repairing bill."

Sadly not possible with one of these, the engines are prone to blowing up or running big end due to oil dilution from DPF regen There are compnies that by-pass this process but you may run into problems with emmissions.

Bail out while you can

Mazda 6 - DCS and ECU Light On, EGR Valve problem, then big - gordonbennet

Isn't this sad, go back a few years to cars like the 626 or even the sister car to these troublesome Diesels the petrol engined 6, trouble free cars that give years of reliable service.

Good thing though the internet, you know who NOT to buy cars from by how they fix problems.

I wonder how many of us have made the decision to avoid Deisels of latest design and are going back to petrol at replacement time...i'm almost there meself.