ford fiesta mk5 1.25 - knocking at front of the car. - tomd

Hi, iv recently noticed a knocking coming from the front drivers side of the car. Now when im going over bumps/rough road im feeling the knocking through the drivers side footwell. Iv recently had the wheel alignment done on the car and the steering is fine and the car does not steer to one side when i let go of the steering wheel, But the wheel itself is not straight when going straight and true.

Im not really that clued up on cars, so im sorry if the info I have given isnt great. But any ideas on what this problem might be would be great.

cheers

ford fiesta mk5 1.25 - knocking at front of the car. - Peter.N.

The knocking is likely due to wear in a balljoint or rubber bush. The steering wheel angle problem is because whoever tracked it didn't adjust the track rod ends equally.

ford fiesta mk5 1.25 - knocking at front of the car. - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

The suspension strut top-mount is a common failure which causes a knocking noise. Worth checking and simple to replace.

ford fiesta mk5 1.25 - knocking at front of the car. - Railroad.

Also check the anti-roll bar drop links for play. Jack the car up so that the suspension is hanging. Be quite rough with the drop links and apply up and down movement. If there's any play at all then replace them. You'll be amazed at how much a tiny amount of play amplifies when you drive.

ford fiesta mk5 1.25 - knocking at front of the car. - Chris_

I have a similar knocking problem with my Fiesta but it is in the passenger footwell. I was once told it was the heat shield that was loose by a previous owner :\