Peugeot 106 - Brake 'slipping' when clutch engaged - Seanf81

Hi,

When I am at low speed and start to engage the clutch whilst braking in my 106 (2001 Y reg), the car jerks as if I was slamming the brakes on. It feels like the brakes slip. I have booked it into the garage tomorrow, but would be good to have an idea of what it might be and what it might cost so I know what to expect!

It brakes fine at all other times and doesn't happen everytime. When it (just) passed its MOT I was given an advisory that the brakes might need adjusting soon - could it be as simple as that?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Peugeot 106 - Brake 'slipping' when clutch engaged - bathtub tom

What size shoe do you take?

Peugeot 106 - Brake 'slipping' when clutch engaged - gordonbennet

Good possibility that Tom, i had severe difficulty driving them with my size 11's...and it's not true what they say about blokes with big feet...:-)

Could be a problem with the pedal bracket/hinge arrangement, but seeing as it's only 'braking' when you engage the clutch whilst braking i assume this is when engaging a lower gear on overrun, could be something as simple as the engine is stalling giving the impression it's braking...possibility?

Impossible to give a reasonable diagnosis without looking at the problem, won't be much to put it right though, underrated little car and worth looking after, modern replacements might be quite disappointing when it goes, especially visibility and parkability.

Peugeot 106 - Brake 'slipping' when clutch engaged - bathtub tom

>>it's not true what they say about blokes with big feet...:-)

If it was, you'd no doubt need shoes twice as big. ;>)

Value my car