Peugeot 308 - Road traffic accident involving damage to roadsign - peugeot308driver

Hi, I've recently been involved in a road traffic collision with another vehicle which also involved damage to a roadsign. The insurance cover for the traffic collision is fine but i've just received a letter from the local council telling me that I have to pay for the damage to their roadsign. Am I covered under my car insurance for these damage payments or will I have to pay for the damaged roadsign out of my own pocket? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Peugeot 308 - Road traffic accident involving damage to roadsign - oldroverboy

Hi, I've recently been involved in a road traffic collision with another vehicle which also involved damage to a roadsign.

your insurance company will deal with it. DO NOT reply to the council, just forward the letter with your claim reference and let them get on with it. Only speak with your own insurance company regardless of what letters you get.

Peugeot 308 - Road traffic accident involving damage to roadsign - pcvpilotmick

• Agreed. Your insurance covers all third partys, so just give your letter to your insurers. They will deal with it. Sleep easy