Citroen Xsara Picasso - Gearbox oil leak near driveshaft - noviceman1982

I have recently had my 2 front coil springs and 2 track ends done on my car on monday just gone and when I got the car home noticed gearbox oil leaking onto the floor, I took it back to the garage and it appeared to be leaking from the driveshaft oil seal this was subsequently replaced and the leak continued. This leak was not present before the trackrod ends were replaced in my view I think the garage have been too heavy handed and broke a seal on the gearbox as there is absolutely no oil leaking from the driveshaft oil seals what soever. The garage does not seem to want to take responsibility for this and I am wondering wheher they have damaged the seal or if im just been paranoid? has anyone ever experineced this problem at all and is it possible that it is the garages fault? if anyone can help please let me no asap as i am at my wits end.

P.s. I have pictures of the general position of the leak and video to go with it.

much appreciated

Chris

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Gearbox oil leak near driveshaft - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Gearbox oil leak near driveshaft - jeffurs1705

Hi Chris , This is so spooky, The same has just happend to us , Pic went in for a banging on the suppension, Fault broken spring, Garage suugested we replace both springs and drop arms, Ok, Rang back later to tell us the shocker had gone replaced just one, Got the car back from the garage , now banging on the nearside (opposite to were the first banging was coming from )when going over speed humps , Back to the garage canot find anything wrong, road worthy condition they said but book it in for next week to try to find were the noise is coming from. ,Meanwile got it home again, Next morning on moving the car there is now a patch oil gearbox oil underneath. So back to the garage this morning , there verdict is Hey Driveshaft seal has gone. Waiting to see how much they want to charge but i will now put this qestion of heavy handedness to them and see what they say.

My verdict on the banging on the nearside mow is that if they replaced only one the offside shocker probly the other is not full of oil and is not taking the weight of the car unless it goes over a bump ?????????

Please let me know of your theory Chris.

Cheers Jeff.

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Gearbox oil leak near driveshaft - Peter.N.

If the oil leak is on the nearside it could be that the drive shaft has not fully entered the diff, it should snap into position. See if you can move the shaft in and out, if so drive it in either by hitting the inner joint with a soft hammer or clamping mole grips round the shaft and hitting them.