KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - la14oldie

I've just come across a ridiculous situation concerning the new Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel!

The Kia UK website states that there is an Early Buyer discount of £750 on this model for orders placed in September and delivery by the end of the year. So far so good...

When I visited my local dealership, I was told that they have no 1.1 Diesels in stock and didn't know when they would get any, but it wouldn't be soon. They said that if I wanted the discount, I would have to place an order before seeing or driving the car! Thinking this must be wrong I contacted Kia UK customer services. Yes, you've guessed it - Kia UK confirmed what the dealer had said - I must order the car unseen to get the discount. I pointed out the craziness of this. After all, it's a brand new ultra low emission engine - how will it drive? Will it be slow? Will it be noisy? But they would not budge, even when I suggested extending the offer until deliveries had started.

I don't see how anyone can order it unseen and so the discount on the website is effectively unattainable.

Madness!

KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - RT

What are the terms if you cancel when a demonstator is available? If you can cancel without penalty it could be a no-brainer if that's the sort of car you're looking for.

KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - OriginalBlower

It is a crazy situation- that is the motor trade right now in a nut shell.

There are more discounts available anyway than the £750 if you shop around, particually on line new car retailers.

In respect of the legality of ordering a vehicle, you should be able to specify that the order is subject to viewing and suitable test drive. if you make this a specific part of your contract then this would be legally binding.

KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - jamie745

There are more discounts available anyway than the £750 if you shop around

Not if they're out of stock there arent.

KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - memyself-aye

I don't see an issue: either you agree with the manufacturers terms of sale or walk away-it all depends if the price is attractive enough to risk buying a new 'untried' car, unseen.

We bought a new, unseen untried (by us) Ford KA 3 years ago purely on price - £4780. OK it is an established motor but the equation was still the same, would we like it, how would it perform etc etc.

Yes they are out of stock, however that doesnt mean to say you cant get a better discount. £750 is a drop in the ocean on what is out there if you shop around.

Yes they are out of stock, however that doesnt mean to say you cant get a better discount. £750 is a drop in the ocean on what is out there if you shop around.

Just to eleborate on this, i know that certain people on here do not like the motoring public to know what discounts are available on cars, however, our company have just bought 5 of the Kia Rio 1.1 CRDi ecodynamics for £9981.25 per vehicle including metallic paint. Thats considerably more than £750 discount.

KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - Avant

"....certain people on here do not like the motoring public to know what discounts are available on cars."

Not at all. We are merely seeking confirmation from HJ and our publisher whether it's OK to release confidential information in a public forum.

(Edit - HJ has confirmed that we can't allow information obtained without authority to be made public. I'm sure sensible Backroomers will understand our position.)

Edited by Avant on 17/09/2011 at 16:40

KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - RT

Just to eleborate on this, i know that certain people on here do not like the motoring public to know what discounts are available on cars, however, our company have just bought 5 of the Kia Rio 1.1 CRDi ecodynamics for £9981.25 per vehicle including metallic paint. Thats considerably more than £750 discount.

You've been busy - bought a Hyundai i30 and Jaguar XF the other day and now 5 Kia Rio.

KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - jamie745

Flying pigs next RT.....

You've been busy - bought a Hyundai i30 and Jaguar XF the other day and now 5 Kia Rio.

You seem to be getting me mixed up with another poster. I havent bought a Hyundai I30, and wouldnt for that matter either as the residual value is shocking compared to other models.

I have bought for our company a new Jaguar XF and 5 Kia rios. My company runs a fleet of over 90 vehicles.

Edited by Avant on 19/09/2011 at 22:42

KIA Rio - New Kia Rio 1.1 Diesel - Early Buyer Offer - Whistle Blower

I currently receieve 17% discount on this vehicle with free metalic paint.

Kia are basicly the same company as Hyundai and they work from the same offices.

they have joint sales meetings.

plenty of discounts avaialble for shopping round.

the dealer we use still keeps a healthy % to clean there windows and shine the dealers owners cars!!