BMW R 1100 S motorcycle insurance. - Direct Dial won't acknowledge that I exist. - focussed

I need details of my NCB from Direct Dial for a policy that lapsed and I instructed them not to renew in May of this year. They now say that they no record of me ever being insured with them. All the reference numbers from the insurance certificate that I still have do not bring up any records, they say that all their current records are prefixed with an "I", all my numbers start with an "E" and they say that these numbers changed recently. Are they just being awkward or could there be a deeper problem? I have payment details and dates etc and there are no claims pending, nor none made in the time that the policy was in force.Their attitude seems to be that somehow I have contributed to this problem and that I am quoting the wrong numbers on purpose. What do I do now?

BMW R 1100 S motorcycle insurance. - Direct Dial won't acknowledge that I exist. - Bedhead

Presumably you have the old certificates and a reciept for the policy on your card statement, even better is a copy of a finance agreement if you took out instalments on the policy.

If you take these to the insurance ombudsman, they should be able to sort you out. I had a problem with another insurance company and the merest mention of the FSA was enough to have them grovelling.