Peugeot 307 2.0 Diesel hdi - Electrical fault - help & advice please!!! - Billy-jo

Hi,

I've had a problem with my 307 that started today, all of the electrics appear to have failed, the heater is on full on hot but the digital climate control no longer works, the display is blank & the buttons do nothing. The main display is blank, the radio has stopped working, the dash display lights have ceased working, the mileometer has gone off, the speedometer & rev counter froze at the speed / revs that I was doing when the fault appeared. (we've disconnected the battery & this reset the speedo & rev counter but now they just show at zero during a journey). The lights, indicators, wipers, central locking & alarm all work fine. The indicators make the clicking noise but the light on the dash isn't on. Is this a case of a fuse gone or something much more serious? someone mentioned a faulty ecu which sounds scarily expensive :/ any advice or tips would be much appreciated!

Thanx in advance for any help

Peugeot 307 2.0 Diesel hdi - Electrical fault - help & advice please!!! - mr spanners

sounds like a connector on your ecu has come loose- the ecu that contorl all the interior stuff is under the dash board where the fuses go- check all the connector on that black box- hope it just that or your prolly looking at a new one :(