2 parking tickets for the same offence in 24 hrs. - Nutisbak2

I've just come back from London, overnight I parked in Lambeth and parked in a space which I'd been told by the person I was with was a mon-fri zone as it was a saturday night this would have been fine.

Unfortunately I got back to the car on Sunday to discover to my horror the car had been ticketed.

I checked the sign near the car and discovered that I actually had to walk onto the pavement to view it as it was not visible from the road, the sign said Mon-Sun so unfortunately the Council would have been within their right to give me a ticket.

Anyway I packed my car and left, just as I was about to leave a tow truck came so I consider myself very lucky not to have been towed away too.

However I got home and looked at the ticket and as I pulled it from the pouch I discovered that there were actually 2 of them, one is dated the 19th and is for 17.54- 18.00 the other is for the 20th and is from 9.28 - 9.34.

So the question I guess has to be asked is how many tickets can you be given for the same offence within a 24 hr period?

I'm of the understanding that you can not be given more than one in any 24 hr period for the same offence however this 24 hr period lasts midnight - midnight and so theirfore the council would unfortunately again be within it's rights is this correct?

2 parking tickets for the same offence in 24 hrs. - Dwight Van Driver

Seems, in rrelation to the second ticket, you have been the subject of a zealous CEO wanting to comply with his daily total.

You may consider writing back to the LA pointing out the second ticket was a continuing offence and duplicity and paying for the first which it appears you accept you were in the wrong.

dvd

2 parking tickets for the same offence in 24 hrs. - Falkirk Bairn

It is not 2 x parking tickets for same offence BUT 2 x parking tickets for 2 x separate offices.

2 parking tickets for the same offence in 24 hrs. - LucyBC

I am not the world's expert on Penalty Charge Notices but I think you can be ticketed for each 24h period midnight to midnight so if you had one on 19th and one on 20th then both are payable.

I also don't think "I discovered that I actually had to walk onto the pavement to view [the sign] as it was not visible from the road" will play out well if that is the only grounds on which you are appealing to the adjudicators.

Edited by LucyBC on 23/03/2011 at 17:16