Diesel Hatchbacks. - Boulder2k9

Hi All,

I am writing this post now having just returned from a test drive in the new Alfa Giulietta diesel. It was the 1.6 multijet engine and was truely excellent. In contrast I drove a 1.6TDCI Focus yesterday and it was good also, however having read the raving reviews of the focus diesel I was left somewhat dissapointed.

I spent almst an entire day in the focus and covered about 60 miles of driving and after still couldnt see why the focus is supposedly so much better. The Alfa looks better, has a nicer engine and far superior interior. I didnt find the focus to be as good to drive as it has been made out to be.

Yes the focus is a little sharper on the road and has a slightly better gear change but for everyday driving I just didnt notice it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Diesel Hatchbacks. - madf

Simple. Italian electric connections.

Diesel Hatchbacks. - daveyjp
Anyone with an interest in cars would agree that Alfas are excellent driver's cars.

Unfortunately Alfa haven't done a 'Skoda' yet and turned round their reputation.

Diesel Hatchbacks. - Avant

Personally I wouldn't pay £20,000+ for a car which didn't give me anywhere to put my left foot when off the clutch.

It mightn't sound important, but it is if you're going to do long trips in it, which presumably you are or you wouldn't be going for a diesel.