Ford Fiesta - Dashboard/rear/sidelights fusing - karlew

Hi

I have a T reg Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25. For about 8 months now I have had constant problems with the dashboard lights fusing. Sometimes it is just the dashboard lights fusing sometimes also the rear left light and left sidelight and even at times the reg plate lights, although indicators and full headlights are fine. I have replaced the fuses often, taken it to the mechanics twice who have spent an hour trying to make the fuse blow (unsuccesfully). They changed the fuse from a 7 to 10 amp to try to help with the problem.

The mechanic told me to see what I am doing differently to the car when I am driving when the fuse blows to try to find the problem. The only thing I have found that coincides with it fusing is when I have the fan going on full (I have to have this on full in wet cold weather as have no heating in the car (thermostat removed due to overheating) and it fogs up at lot). Could this be the problem? If so why?!

If anyone can help I would be most grateful, it's driving me mad!

BW Karen

Ford Fiesta - Dashboard/rear/sidelights fusing - elekie&a/c doctor

Intermittant faults like these can be very difficult to pin-point.Using the fan on full speed has no relation to the lights as it is on a different circuit.Possible problem area is the wiring running to the centre console radio and cigar lighter area.You could narrow the fault down by spliting up the circuits that blow the fuse with additional in -line fuses.Fitting a higher rated fuse will not fix the problem and certainly a fuse no higher than 10 amp should be used on this circuit.hth

Ford Fiesta - Dashboard/rear/sidelights fusing - karlew

Thanks for the reply.

I find it interesting that you mention the radio/cigar lighter as I have had probs with the radio lately too.

It seems to be ok on the fuse at the moment so am leaving it at that. I have no idea how to split circuits, etc.

Cheers x