Peugeot 306 - Help with a squeek - scfc_151

I have a squeek that started recently but cant put my finger on it.

I can hear it from the drivers seat and it gets faster with revs but when i listen in the engine bay I cant hear it.

I thought it would be a drive belt or something but id hear that in the engine bay.

Any ideas

Peugeot 306 - Help with a squeek - Peter.N.

Does it do it all the time or just when you first start?

Peugeot 306 - Help with a squeek - scfc_151

seems to quieten down when its warm. Its a strange sound kind of like when you make a crystal glass sing when you run your finger around the top.

I recently had my fuel pressure regulator changed but I dont know if this has anything to do with it because I heard it very faintly before it went in.

Im wondering if it could be a fueling issue. Would resetting the ecu make any difference?

I was told that disconnecting the battery helps the ecu to 'learn' the style of driving and adjusts the engine management to become more economical or am i talking rubbish?

Peugeot 306 - Help with a squeek - Peter.N.

I,m afraid I don't know much about Hdi engines, I have only just acquired my first one in 406 guise, my experience has been with the IDI variety. Its very difficult to diagnose a noise without actually hearing it, it could be a fuel injection or combustion noise but I think its more likely to be mechanical.