peugeot 306 TD - juddering/struggling for power around 2500-3000 up - gr8nte

hi everyone,

i have an S reg 1.9TD that has 107k on the clock, just had a service and belt around 5k ago, only owned the car for 2 months, it has got progressively worse for juddering/struggling at around 2500rpm and upwards, there seems to to a lack of fuel, air or something when you put you foot down and it goes over the 2500 mark.

i use a nearby garage who have bee on a roadtest with me and you can feel the car jolt when you are driving and a passenger, it also seems to not be as good on fuel as it should be.

hopefully someone out there can advise me or maybe has had the same problem, i am thinking that it could be the oxygen sensor or blockage in the fuel tank/lines, or possibly the injectors, they have said its not the turbo and this engine does not have an air flow meter fitted?

can you help????

thanks, Chris

just to clarify it has been serviced approx 300 miles ago and the belt was changed 5k ago, i didnt make it very clear.

Chris

peugeot 306 TD - juddering/struggling for power around 2500-3000 up - dieselnut

Are you sure the fuel filter got changed at the last service.

As you say, sounds like lack of fuel or possibly air in the fuel.

Is it reluctant to start sometimes.

peugeot 306 TD - juddering/struggling for power around 2500-3000 up - Peter.N.

I would go with dieselnut, change the fuel filter.

thanks for your replies,

it had a new fuel filter at the service, but maybe if there was a lot of muck in the system it could do with changing again??

it starts fine, it has no trouble, a little white smoke and shes away...

so how would air be getting into the fuel system?

peugeot 306 TD - juddering/struggling for power around 2500-3000 up - dieselnut

" so how would air be getting into the fuel system? "

Through a bad seal on the fuel filter or poorly fitting fuel pipe.

The fuel system has only one pump which is in the distributor/pump at the engine, so the fuel system back to the tank is always at a slight negative pressure.

So any leak draws in air.