Suzuki Splash- any good? - Glenn 42

My local Nissan dealer, who now also sells Suzukis, sent me a letter saying that as it's a while since I bought my last car from them, would I be interested in anything in their showroom? I did check their website and found two immaculate 09 plate Suzuki Splashes for £ 7495, which, of course, would still have the bulk of their warranty on them. I'm not overly fond of the Swift, finding it bulky looking and testers have complained of the heavy body affecting performance and economy. but the Splash looks a good car, like a mini MPV. Also on checking Which in the local library, the Splash received four stars for reliability and quality and the economy, performance and low purchase costs were praised. I was more inclined towards getting a Honda or a Toyota to replace my ageing Nissan, but the Splash has made me think again and as an existing customer, the dealership might give me a better deal.

Suzuki Splash- any good? - daveyK_UK

Its a good car if your after a reliable run a round, but £7.5k for a 09 plate is very expensive.

in a years time, would you pay much more than 4.0k for it?

Its a good car if your after a reliable run a round, but £7.5k for a 09 plate is very expensive.

in a years time, would you pay much more than 4.0k for it?

This is West Cumbria where dealers have a monpoly. I could cross check with the Carlisle dealer, who tends to be cheaper. However, as the Workington garage know me I could get a favourable deal and another way of looking at the price is I could get a higher trade in.

Suzuki Splash- any good? - daveyK_UK

Why not drive down to Preston BCA and pick one up?

I admit they are not very common, but Im sure one will pop up in the next few weeks if your prepared to wait.

Suzuki Splash- any good? - jonny1

why not look at a vauxhall agila.its the same car with a different badge and you can get a new basic 1 at this price with lifetime warranty.(for what its worth}

why not look at a vauxhall agila.its the same car with a different badge and you can get a new basic 1 at this price with lifetime warranty.(for what its worth}

Although the Splash is better equipped and more reliable and the Nissan/ Suzuki dealer has a better reputation locally.

I still think this is a car to look at as I only do 7500 miles a year, the Almera I'm driving now is getting on and there isn't a direct replacement( can't stand the look of the latest Nissans), and 52 mpg and performance of 109 mph is tempting for a small engined car. Also there's the lower tax and insurance costs to factor in and the fact an 18 month old car won't need an MOT for 18 months and anything that does go wrong will be done under warranty.

Suzuki Splash- any good? - jonny1

must admit i would have the suzuki.i have owned 2 new grand vitaras over the last 10 years and only things required other than service items has been 1 new battery .

Suzuki Splash- any good? - Avant

I believe the Splash / Agila is indeed a good car - it's worth checking Autotrader for what the average price of a car the same age would be. Also worth looking at Jazzes and Yarises of a similar age and seeing how the prices compare.

Very much like the new shape Jazz, but prices are still very firm. The Splash seems a cheaper car to buy and will probably be almost as reliable.

Suzuki Splash- any good? - madf

Glenn

Come down to Stoke on trent, night in a 5 star hotel and buy a 2010 1.2 GLS for under £8k.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/suzuki/splash/postcode/st87dr/radius/20/sort/priceasc/engine-size-cars/1l_to_1-3l

If Cumbrian dealers want to screw you, go elsewhere..