Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - pacavii

Hi everybody,I purchased a 2009 Model 3 wks ago from a dealership and was told the car would be serviced,on collection I found the engine oil to be Black,I raised this point with the mechanic who told me diesel engines all do that,He said on starting the oil turns black after 5mins running.I,ve drove Machines all over the world working in Quarries but this is first time I,ve heard that.Is this correct?.Also he supplied the servicing form showing what was done on the service this turned out to be from a previous service.Have I been done?AC.

Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - Armitage Shanks {p}

www.honestjohn.co.uk/search/?q=diesel+oil+%2B+black

Will give you the info. What you describe is completely normal

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 09/09/2010 at 07:25

Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - madf

And the service book is stamped? When?

Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - boggles
Not certain of yours, but aren't most of these Peugeot's actually serviced every two years? If so it probably has not been done at all. Most modern diesels do not dirty their oil in 5 minutes. Our Vauxhall diesel still has a hint of gold colour on the dipstick, after 10 months. As you won't be able to prove either way, without a sample being analysed. Why not treat it to a "Forte" flush, then change the oil and filter. You will know for sure then of the oil quality. A friend with a 307 (I think,always find these numbers confusing!), changes his oil himself, between services, as he does not want the oil in the engine for two years.
Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - madf

Yaris diesle takes c1500 miles to turn oil black-ish

Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - Dutchie

Our car Ford Focus diesel was black after a few hundred miles.

Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - Dutchie

I meant oil:)

Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - CL Grease

I would drop the oil and change the filter myself. it`s cheap enough and priceless for removing any residual doubt.

It does go black like that though - in particular on cars that have endured the manufacturers interval.

Peugeot 308 1600 Diesel. - OIL> - BigJohnD

The DV6 1.6HDi is an excellent engine - and in various guises used by Ford, Mazda, Volvo and BMW as well across the entire PSA range.

The oil goes black very quickly after it's changed, and is perfectly OK, though it does look awful.

The oil MUST be changed no later than 12,500miles/20,000km. This is to ensure longevity of the turbo.

PSA drop that to 10,000miles/15,000km for "severe conditions", which means short journeys or operating in cold climates, as the DV6 is renown for running cool. A winter grille is recommended below about +5°C.

By all means change the oil more frequently but use only genuine PSA filters. Clones are well known for causing pressure problems, the first sign being noisy tappets. More advanced signs are oil pressure warnings when idling. Using the genuine filter will cure it all.

Change the oil on schedule, and expect good economy and a high mileage from the engine.

Edited by BigJohnD on 09/09/2010 at 19:33

hi,the service book is stamped with bristol st motors stamp and wrote in biro is date 6/7/10.next inspection due is blank,then it says miles or on 6/7/10.

thanks,

AC.

And the service book is stamped? When?

Hi, Sorry I did,nt give all the details.The mileage on purchase 19700,but the service mileage was 20,500(in the service book),also on checking when I got the vehicle home I noticed the window washer bottle was empty so I refilled it only to find it all over the floor so I had to take it back to Bristol street motors to have it fixed.Thats the reason I,m a little suspicious about the serviceing.

thanks,

AC.