Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi Diesel SW SV - Intermitent problem idles up and down on its own - Newtopuegeot

Hello,

Please can someone help I have purchased athe above car and have only had it a few days 'SOLD AS SEEN' private adv'.

Basically seems to be two faults one is when it reaches 3000 revs it sound very noisy like exhaust blowing and some vibration. Gets over 3000 and the nosi seems to die away..Any thoughts would be fantastic..

Also drives fine sometimes however I started the car today and while idling the car would drop down revs then lift the revs back up on its own? And while driving the car juddered like it was going to run out of fuel then when I got to the lights it stalled..

I cant take the car back and would appreciate some help as we dont have a lot of cash to get this fixed?

Thanks very much..

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi Diesel SW SV - Intermitent problem idles up and down on its own - Gregory II

With the noise, check the exhaust for blowing excessively or any holes it might have. With the judder, it might be the idle control valve being dirty/ faulty. Look in the reviews section of this site to obtain further information about likely causes. Hope this helps.

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi Diesel SW SV - Intermitent problem idles up and down on its own - Collos25

Throttle bodies are a big problem with these engines and it sounds as though you may have a turbo/egr problem.

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi Diesel SW SV - Intermitent problem idles up and down on its own - dieselnut

This is HDi diesel so doesn't have idle valve or throttle body.

I would check the large air pipes between turbo, intercooler & inlet manifold for any leaks or splits. These are often not very visible until engine is under load.

Look for any teltale oil spray marks around the pipes & check intercooler itself for leaks.

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi Diesel SW SV - Intermitent problem idles up and down on its own - Collos25

Sorry I meant throttle butterflys or is it butterflies