Peugeot 206 - engine swap??? - aluno

turns out my timing belt snapped 2 days after i bought my car, so the garage will strip it all down tommorrow to see the extent of the damage, but they have recommended it may be more economically viable to get a new engine

my question is, the engine in there now is a DW8 1.9D but due to the popularity of the HDI engines in the french cars these days i might be able to pick up a turbo diesel engine cheaper

but would i have trouble swapping the engine? the garage will be doing the work, im wondering if it will cost an awful lot more in labour to fit the new engine

thanks

Peugeot 206 - engine swap??? - Dyaneman

Yes is the short answer; the DW8 still has a mechanical pump (albeit one with electronic advance) whereas the HDI uses a full electronic control set up, which makes for many differences and potential expense.

Throwing in an XUD9TE engine (more reliable pre-HDI turbo diesel) would be rather simpler, but you would need the XUD gearbox too, as the gear ratios are rather different. That said, it's always far simpler (and cheaper) to fit the standard engine.

Peugeot 206 - engine swap??? - cenko24

Hi, is it a straight forward swap if im fitting like for like on a 1.4 206? using the original gearbox?