Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 v8 wj 1999 - automatic gearbox banging into gear - m7jgp

got a problem on my grand cherokee when selecting 1st or reverse it bangs into gear then as you drive it again it bangs into 2/3/4th gear with a bit of a thump, got an error code displayed of P 0700, and the check engine light is on,took it too Mtb chester jeep dealer for diagnosis, who informed me oil was low although i tended to disagree as i do check the oils frequently so they topped up the oil 2 litres ? they said and cleared the fault code drove it down the road i mean only 1/2 a mile it was still thumping into gear and the same error code re appeared took it straight back, mechanic cleared fault code and reprogrammed gearbox with factory settings, and said it would take the gearbox a while to "learn" / reprogram itself drove it 1/2 mile engine light came on again and the same error code P 0700 mechanic said try changing the speed sensors on the gearbox first before doing anything else, ........ anyone any ideas please

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 v8 wj 1999 - automatic gearbox banging into gear - m7jgp

just an update, just checked oil level, its well above the fill mark, i just hate garages !!

i removed both the speed sensors from the gearbox, and did an ohms test on them, front ones open circuit (broken) and the rear ones reading about 5 ohms so i would think this one is ok not kidding you to remove the 2 senors and check them out was 15 minits if that

so i have ordered 2 that will give me a spare one if i ever need it £23 each

jeep MTB Chester charged me £75 to put in 2 litres of oil that wasn't required and couldnt tell me the fault codes from the gearbox module absolutely useless, i really do hate garages, i dont think they had the correct DRB3 code reader cant do it with a DRB2,