HELP, insurance are going to write my car off - jellybeans
Hello there.
I recently had a minor scuffle in my car. I was not at fault and the other driver has admitted full liability and I am dealing with his insurance company as I didnt want the hassle of losing and then having to get my no claims bonus reinstated, have got courtesy car etc, and my car is being assesed by their people. I know they are going to write it off due to it being old. I have looked around and the average cost for a like for like replacement is 1300 on Autotrader in my local area. What can I do if they offer me soemthing stupid, such as £500, i should not be out of pocket, should I? I know I can turn it down and say it is worth more but any help or advice in getting what it is worth would be greatly appreciated.
HELP, insurance are going to write my car off - bell boy
you point to the fact that a like for like car in autotrader is £1300 and you need a figure very near
if they refuse then tell them to repair your car at the probable £3000 repair figure
HELP, insurance are going to write my car off - Sizer
Been here myself, I collected some of the relevant adverts from various sources. I also highlighted the fantastic condition it was in. Armed with the info and a few phone calls talking to the assesor he did give in and agree to repair rather than write off. Just stick to your guns, insurance companies will try it on but you will get there in the end.