01 2.0 Dodgy passenger door lock - MarkVolvoS60
The passenger door lock does the opposite to the other three doors. So when all doors are locked and I press the button to unlock the doors the passenger door remains locked and the other three doors open.

To open it, I have to lean over and physically open the door.

When I get out of the car and press lock, the three doors lock and the passenger door the button goes down but immediately pops back up. I then have to walk around to the passenger door, open it physically push the button down, then close the door.

Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it?
01 2.0 Dodgy passenger door lock - TheOilBurner
Well known fault on these cars, remedy is a new locking mechanism, not too cheap though.
01 2.0 Dodgy passenger door lock - gmac
As oilburner says it's a common problem on these cars. Before paying out for new locks you can try reseting the UEM first:

- Close all of the doors and bonnet.
- Key in position II engine not running.
- Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the driver door panel in the closed or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.
- Release buttons.
- Remove the ignition key.
- Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock.

This will reset the UEM brain. This can correct faulty operation of the sunroof and/or erratic door lock function.

Thanks to oilburner for the above. It may or may not work but worth a shot before paying out cash.