2003 Clio - Alymac
Evening folks,

Need a bit of assistance, i purchased a clio on monday for delivery in November some time, the dealer said it was a 2003 clio 1.4 16v dynamique which is meant to gap the range between the 1.2 16v and the 1.4 16v dynamique +.........got it on the road with metallic paint and cd player for £8390...it appears what i bought is basically the 2002 1.2 16 v but with bigger engine and cd player....have looked through web and cant find any mention of the 2003 range, has anyone heard anything about it? starting to panic over what i may have purchased, dealer said it was the same shape etc but call it nerves after parting with a cheeky few gran! anyone able to tell if this was an okay price to pay and anything they know of new clio range for 2003?

regards

Ally aka alymac
2003 Clio - Jonathan {p}
If you read the car by car breakdown (on the left) then you will see that there is a new 2003 clio coming out in 2003. It appears as if it won't be available until late 2003 (so a year away). It would appear that what you have bought, won't be a 2003 model, but a 2002 model (ie the current one, not the new one).

No idea about what is a good price for one of these.

Jonathan
2003 Clio - DavidHM
The Clio's probably going into its final model year and there is definitely time for one final spec change and you do have an '03. It just won't be very different from the car you thought you were getting.

I could only get one price for a 1.4 Dynamique, from drivethedeal.com. That was about £400 more expensive than yours, and a 5 door 1.4 Expression+ from autobytel.co.uk was £100 more than you've been quoted, both excluding metallic paint.

I'd say you've got more than a fair price for a car with an excellent engine (the 1.4 really flies) and an upgrade to a CD player. A mate of mine has 3 (!) Clios, 2 1.2 8 valves and a 1.4 16v, and he's very happy with them.
2003 Clio - daryld
1. Get your vehicle's VIN number from the reqistration document.
2. Go to this website: www.autobaza.pl/autobaza/page.cgi?lang=1

3. Enter the VIN number. This website will tell you, amongst other things, the model year of your car (not the year it was built, but the year associated with the model).

4. If you find that your car is *not* a 2003 model year then you may have a case against the supplying dealer *if* you can prove that you explicitly asked for a 2003 model Clio.

Best of luck!
2003 Clio - DavidHM
1.4 Dynamique (as opposed to Dynamique+, which as air) is a new model for 2003, so it's easy to tell. In any case, it's hardly worth suing over.
2003 Clio - Alymac
thanks for the replies...anyone know of a website detailing the new 2003 range for which i look like i have a clio from?