Wheel bearings - taztav
I have searched endless days for a cheaper front driver side wheel hub for my vectra breeze 55 plate, our car has done just over 30,000 miles and the wheel bearing has gone and just before christmas it a crisis, the garage is quoting nearly 300 as you cant just replace the bearings it has to be the complete hub, sensor etc, this is turning into a nightmare, i have heard endlessly that 30,000 miles for a wheel bearing to go is unusual, phoned vauxhall and basically tough which i expected. Any idea where there is a good chance i could get the wheel hub cheaper and would get a mate to replace it anything rather than the prices im being quoted at the moment :(
Wheel bearings - Dynamic Dave
Have you tried asking the people at www.autovaux.co.uk how much the part is?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/12/2009 at 21:24

Wheel bearings - FotheringtonThomas
What's "a vehicle fitted with IDS+ suspension". Is this yours?

I ask because:

www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=1444

Edited by FotheringtonThomas on 08/12/2009 at 22:08

Wheel bearings - taztav
I had been on this site and emailed them but unfortunately my vectra is termed as a late one so this is for an early, there is two types of hub and this on site is for the earlier :(

SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/12/2009 at 00:52

Wheel bearings - FotheringtonThomas
Well, use 1stchoice.co.uk or someone like - there must be a few parts swilling around out there. If it's "unusual" for these bearings to fail, go for it. No harm in getting a few quotes, anyway, for interest if nothing else.
Wheel bearings - piston power
Just out of interest why can't you fit a bearing?

Have you checked if they make a bearing for this model?

At a 55 plate many taxis will have covered high mileage so there will be many suppliers about if this is the case.
Wheel bearings - Dynamic Dave
Just out of interest why can't you fit a bearing?

It's a sealed hub. Vx have been doing this for quite a while now. IIRC, the rear hub on a Vectra-B is a sealed unit, as is the front hub on an Astra-G and likewise you can't just change the bearings on them either.

www.autovaux.co.uk/LoadPortal.aspx?cnum=161&tabid=...7

Wheel Hub Except IDS up to 2004 = £63.91 (+vat, p&p)
Wheel Hub - To 2004 with IDS, 2005 on All models = £105.00 (+vat, p&p)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/12/2009 at 00:52