Just spent 30 times normal budget on car - via roma
Sorry to mislead you but no new enzo in garage. New ford focus estate.
41 yrs old & first time I've ever bought a brand new car as normally spend less than £500.

Like to say thanks to those who replied to my question a few months back about new car choice. Thanks.

I live in Italy so have a Ford fitted LPG system 2ltr petrol.
Hyundai i30 only lost as they don't do a factory fit lpg system so Italy gov. incentives are not as generous. ( Ford equivalent road tax exempt for car life )
Also as long term purchase cost and availability of parts long term was a factor, and it seems that a lot of car racers use the ford 2 ltr duratech for tuning so must be strong and easy to work on.

How come I went to buy basic spec version and end up with titanium model ?
Wife has a 4*4 skoda octavia as company vehicle here with many toys on board and the Focus is a second car for my use ( used to use motorcyle always but we have a baby now) . How did she manage that without me being aware ( the focus and not the baby ).

All the manuals are in Italian, can someone confirm that a brand new ford Focus does not need a service until 20,000 KMs ( 12,000 miles ). nothing about a oil change at 600 miles, or is that just a motorcyle thing.

also the big black plastic engine cover that covers everything interesting, no visible screws to remove so how does it come off ?

Thanks
Just spent 30 times normal budget on car - Rattle
Not sure about the Focus, but the covers I seen just fall off in your hands. They just sort of clip into place.
Just spent 30 times normal budget on car - ifithelps
No 'first' service or oil change at 600m.

First service either at one year, or 12,500miles, whichever arrives first.

Above assumes the LPG conversion makes no difference to the schedule.

Just spent 30 times normal budget on car - Pugugly
used to use motorcyle always but we have a baby now

Shakes head in despair.
Just spent 30 times normal budget on car - cheddar
It is of course a Focus II, the III is not released until next year at the earliest, I think HJ is planning on amending the site to reflect Ford's and the broader industry's Focus designations.
Just spent 30 times normal budget on car - via roma
Thanks rattle, after a gentle pull the useless engine cover comes off. held on by three plastic lugs.

now i can see the gpl installation, done with cooperation with italian firm BRC. Seems a very neat and tidy job.

thanks ifithelps for confirming the service interval. Does seem strange for me after so many years of running bangers ( actually normally very good cars for little money ) not having to have a thorough inspection and service before using it, just get in and go.
The gpl system requires servicing at the same intervals as normal petrol engine, should be just 3 filters each time I hope and maybe a diagnostics check.

Maybe of interest to some, the gpl system turns to gas very quickly from cold. I live in small hilltop village, this week outside temp 9 C . After 500 meters drive in first gear up cobbled street switches to gas. Within 2 seconds when already warm. At half the price of petrol hopefully I can justify to the boss running a 2 ltr petrol.

The motorcyle is looking very upset sitting in the corner of the garage, hardly used since baby arrived, I am thinking of moving the bike into the house for the winter so at least i can sit on it watching the TV, that should confirm to the Italian neighbours how strange us foreigners are.

Sorry, yes as pointed out should really say Focus ll with nip and tuck face job.
Just spent 30 times normal budget on car - ifithelps
...At half the price of petrol hopefully I can justify to the boss running a 2 ltr petrol....

via roma,

I think a lot of us will be interested to hear of your mileage/running costs on LPG.

Edited by ifithelps on 20/11/2009 at 17:48

Just spent 30 times normal budget on car - gordonbennet
I think a lot of us will be interested to hear of your mileage/running costs
on LPG.

Seconded.