97 1.6 dash clocks warning lamp bulbs - Eddie.T.
Hi,,can anyone tell me which warning lamp holes should have bulbs in them,,,i do realise some of them do not get used,i.e diesel glowplug lights in petrol car,,etc,,they are all numbered 1-23 and most of mine are missing,including my EML bulb which should never be missing.I think somebody has been messing about....any help would be greatly appreciated.It is a Rreg 97 astra artic 1.6 16v automatic,,,cheers in advance,,,,,Eddie
97 1.6 dash clocks warning lamp bulbs - bell boy
look at another in a scrappies but to be honest that car on that year with that engine the person who took the bulb out did you a favour so the orange glow wont flatten your battery
Cheers Bell boy,,fill me full of hope why dont you,,,whats wrong with my car year/engine eh??(even tho its not working after a week of buying it) lol,,lol,,was driving perfectly for a week??lol,then kaput,,took off alternater and placed it onclean sheet of plastic,,was spinning pulley wheel and a wee screw(nothing to do with alt) fell out,,think this had fallen inside alt and caused the short,which then drained my battery,which led to MY immobiser kicking in,,,on Tech2 no signal from immobilser:..was in scrappys sat mornin,,all bulb from clocks missing,???diagram not in manual,,hoped somebody in here might know,,,need to get fixed for missus as i ride bike most of the time,,
97 1.6 dash clocks warning lamp bulbs - Number_Cruncher
On your car, the lack of an engine management light will set a very odd fault code in the ECU. Memory fails me about the name of the trouble code, but, suffice to say, it's nothing useful like "EML Open Circuit".

It's usually obvious to tell where there should be a bulb - the flexi-pcb tracks will show marks where there was a bulb holder, and in many casews, there won't be any metal track for the bulb to connect to even if the shaped hole is punched through.

97 1.6 dash clocks warning lamp bulbs - Number_Cruncher
I've just looked the trouble code description up - TC93, Quad driver module. The description of the trouble code makes no mention of the engine management lamp.

For me, finding and dealing with the cause of this fault took a lot of head scratching and cups of tea, and I replaced the EML, because it was something cheap and easy that was obviously wrong.

quite a few of the holes do have the metal tracks but no bulbs,,some of the lamp holes do not relate to my car,such as the deisel plugs lamp as i have a petrol car,,some of the others wont relate to my car either,,,i was just wanting to know which ones did!!??With my EML blown i could not perform paperclip test to see which codes would flash up,,,it was only when diagnostic guy with Tech2 scanner told me it was my immobiliser,,i.e. no signal from immobiliser,on Tech scanner screen,,,everyyhing else read perfectly,,,cheers for the replies tho,,just wish someone had a list of dash bulbs relating to my car,,???
you cant paper clip this car
as NC quite rightly says that quad driver code 95 equates to
no bulb fitted
air conditioning circuit malfunction
or engine speed signal to automatic transmission ecm

so in your case its the missing bulb
easy answer go to the scrappies get a load of bulbs and fill every hole or hold the dash up to the light looking for the soothing outline of a broken engine in the hole wif-th no bulb fitted
ah yours is an automatic
you better tell us the problem it has then-
lets hope its not setting off in 3rd gear only
all gears work perfectly,,,as i thot,,screw had fell into alternater windings causing short inside alt ,which sent voltage spike throo ecu,,with alt knackerd ,my battery drained and immobiliser kicked in and would not go off again,,can do paperclip on my model but due to no bulb,could not see any fault codes,,,,,,,all rectified now,,,new bulbs,new alt and charged batt,,,all fine and motor back on road,,(til next time,),,lol,,,cheers for all advice given chaps,,,even the slight on my model,engine,year,lol,lol,,,cheers guys,,,Eddie