08 2.0 lots of stone chips - Gareth Hughes
The front of my car is covered in stone chips and lots of them. You aspect some in everyday driving but not this many there are simply loads and I only do about 8000 miles a year. Colour of the 6 is Dark Red. I am wondering if it is poor quality paint used by mazda but not sure how a could sort the problem as they are likley to say it is every day wear on the car but I have never had a car so prone to getting so many chips.
08 2.0 lots of stone chips - davecuk
I had a mate who had loads of stone chips, he commented that I didn't have any. He asked my why I thought he was getting so many. I said that whenever I had been in a car with him I thought he drove far to close to the cars in front, especially at speed. I suggested he give a little more distance in future and not only would it be safer, but he would get less stone chips.

he took my advice last year and has had a new car for a while now....no more stone chips.

I'm not suggesting that you are driving close enough to reach out and hang on.....but dropping back even a little from where you normally stay, may take you out of the sweet spot for stone chips.

Of course it could also be dodgy paint...unlikely but possible.

Edited by davecuk on 23/10/2009 at 22:46

08 2.0 lots of stone chips - Gareth Hughes
I understand where you are coming from but no I do not drive close to the cars in front. I think it is dodgy paint but not to sure how to prove it to Mazda
08 2.0 lots of stone chips - SteveMac
Hi, I have a new shape 57 plate 6 in dark blue. It's the 2.0 d Sport. I have covered a total 19,000 miles in nearly 2 years of motoring and I am amazed at the number of stonechips!!
I have recently been toying with the idea of selling the car so went to a body repair shop that said, and I quote "I have never seen that many stone chips on a car...ever" and continued to question the thickness of the lacquer that has been used on the vehicle. His recommendation to me was to speak to Mazda directly as, in his opinion it should qualify to be rectified under the paint and corrosion guarantee. I have not yet had chance to speak to Mazda (as I only went to the bodyshop today) but when I do I'll let you know how I get on.........

Edited by SteveMac on 03/12/2009 at 15:53